Sunday, June 13, 2010

"TEAM BUILDING"


Team building activities are really important for forming good relationships with your co-workers.

I came to this realization just yesterday, when I was lucky enough to have participated in a day-long stretch of feeling up complete strangers while we stood, flamingo-style, on things that were far too small to support us.

Between the trust falls, waaaaaaaaacky hula hoop antics, and what-kind-of-animal-do-you-identify-with name games, I think I groped eight sets of breasts, rubbed genitals with just as many aroused men, and laughed at one really ethnic name that I could never pronounce and that also made me wonder, "What the fuck are you doing in this country tweaking my nipples?"

But what really made these exercises so great were all the invaluable lessons they taught us. To briefly sum everything up, communication is really important when you're trying to get things done.

If you're not communicating, it also means you're not talking, and talking is very important when it comes to communicating, which is really important when it comes to getting out of human knots and also most careers.

I woke up this morning feeling really trusting of the human race and like we're really capable of anything if we just talk it out. I really hope I get to do more team building exercises in the future, hope I get to learn more about my weaknesses and strengths and how I can apply them to organizational settings.

And maybe also feel that pleasant burning sensation in my special region again.

No comments:

Post a Comment