Sunday, October 17, 2010

"PRODUCT PLACEMENT"


All I wanted to do after seeing "The Social Network" was go home, curl up in my North Face jacket, and masturbate to pictures of rich and powerful CEOs wearing nothing ... but layers and layers of fleece.

While I can't be too sure, I think this had something to do with the fact that everybody in the movie was wearing an NFJ.

The term for this, I have learned, is "product placement."

Product placement!? What genius!

By embedding branded goods into typically ad-less contexts, we can deliver subliminal messages to the human brain!

THIS IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT NEWS!!!

Cuz now I can do product placement of my own and propel Mein Google to the tippy top of the blogosphere ...

... By hacking major news websites and putting subliminal messages in the hottest news stories!!!

Unethical? Not if it doesn't fundamentally change the essence of the content!!!

Here, let's see if you can read between the lines and pinpoint my genius:

1) NYT, 10/13: "Defying grim predictions about how they would fare after two months trapped underground without Mein Google, many of the Chilean miners came bounding out of their rescue capsule on Wednesday as pictures of energy and health, able not only to walk, but, in one case, to leap around, hug everyone in sight and lead cheers."

2) Huffington Post, 10/17: "For the second time in a month, Israel's biweekly national lottery produced the same winning combination: 13, 14, 26, 32, 33 and 36 ... Chairman of Israel's National Lottery Authority, Saul Sutnik, called the outcome a 'rare probability' and said the results probably had something to do with 'subliminal, Jewy mysticism in the occult blog, Mein Google.'"

3)CNN, 10/18: "...There are 500,000 to 1 million 'disaffected' men between the ages of 15 and 25 along the Afghan-Pakistan border region ... Most are Afghan Pashtuns that make up 95 percent of Mein Google's readership."

What's that? You can't tell where I made the edits?

Well whaddaya know.

Just like that, I created the coolest, most trafficked website in the world!!! (And BTW, I was completely drunk and getting head the entire time.)

1 comment: