Saturday, April 10, 2010

"CINEMA"


My past two years on earth have been clouded by a deep depression.

This depression, I should tell you, is unique from all the other depressions I've invented in my mind's DSM ... I just can't pinpoint it, and no matter how frequently/fervently I shake hands with the unemployed (read: masturbate), I can't seem to snap out of it.

But wait. Hasn't it ALSO been two years since the last Sex and the City movie came out? And wasn't that the last time I truly felt happiness? The last time I truly laughed? The last time I truly felt blessed to have so many rich girlfriends?

YES!

If you're reading this - which you are - chances are you've been feeling this way, too. WELL GOOD NEWS - Sex and the City 2 is hitting theaters May 27!

And this time, Carrie and the gang are living it up in the Middle East!

Let me just say - I'm soooooo excited that the girls have made Abu Dhabi their new urban playground. I think it's really going to do a lot to change our general misconceptions of Abu Dhabi, as well as the rest of the Orient.

Things are a'happening, guys! Before we know it, people are going to be taking bus tours of gourmet, Abubeite cupcake boutiques! Before we know it, Cosmo headlines are gonna reflect a politic of inclusion, rather than one of ethnocentrism! ("50 Hot Ways to Touch Your Man ... in Abu Dhabi.")

I look forward to all the "big" laughs, "big" realizations, and "big" world changes waiting just around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. i haven't been this uncomfortable in a while. maybe even ever. you win.

    ReplyDelete