Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"EXHAUSTION"


There's something wrong with this world when I wake up every day feeling more exhausted and beat down than a factory worker in China.

When I go to Starbucks every day for a pump of caffeinated corn syrup, even though it's raping me dry of life savings and turning my insides into plastic. (No, seriously. Just the other day my gynecologist told me that I have time-release Legos for ovaries, and that I'll probably give birth to conjoined Playmobils.)

What is wrong with our culture? Why don't we have afternoon siestas like they do in Spain? Why can't we sit around and eat cheese all day like they do in France?

Until I know the answers to these questions, I'll probably never be content to rest.

Until I know the answers to these questions, I'll probably continue damning the French way of life by staying up for obscene hours and spreading Velveeta on soggy white bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment